Sunday, May 11, 2014

Birthday / Mothers day Dinner With Amber and Justin 04/10/2014

Dinner at Mad Mex
Miracle Mile Shopping Plaza
4100 William Penn Hwy
Monroeville, Pa. 15146
412-349-6767

My Daughter Amber Took Me and my wife Paula to dinner for my Birthday
which was May 9th and For my Wife Mothers day may 11th.
Because she has to work on mothers day.
We have gone to Mad Mex Plenty of times and I am Known as the sauce guy
from some of the waitresses because I haven't Liked their salsa or their Hot sauces.
So I bring my own and they don't seem to mind.
Started out we had a fifteen minute wait and they send a text to you cell phone
 when your table is ready. Not bad for a Saturday Night in Monroeville Pa.
John Was out Server He got us our Drinks. I had a unsweetened Ice tea with lemon.
we got chips and salsa and he brought me a bowel to put my salsa in I thanked him.
I was having trouble reading the menu because of the lighting and John The server had a 
small flashlight on him and let me use it. I ordered  the Dance Marathon Burrito. Add Steak.
It comes Filled with spicy spinach, Portobellos, Grilled chicken, Black beans, Jack cheese,
I added steak to it also. I also ordered Tortilla soup thinking it would be almost like a Chili.
I was wrong it was just a soup that tasted like Tortilla in a broth nothing to write home about.
The Burrito was fantastic with out adding my Franks original red Hot that I Also bring with me.
To spice it up. The Burrito had a real good taste and the service was fantastic. John had our drinks 
refilled before we took our last drink from the glass before. that is so nice when you don't have to
wait and ask for a refill then wait for it.
Then came Desert Vegan Carrot Cake "Oh my god it blew my mind"
The Taste was great the cake and it had a vegan cream cheese icing
that was out of this world I didn't get the recipe but John the server found out they use
orange juice to keep it so moist.
My Rating 1 least 10 Beast
Restaurant 9.
Service     10.
Food        9.
Desert      10.
Overall      9.9
I recommend if your in Monroeville or Near a Mad Mex stop in Dinner 
and leave room for a Piece of Vegan Carrot Cake.
you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment